- Why I Can't Watch Your Pets For $20/day
1. Professionalism – I obtained pet sitting insurance which covers me in case something happens to your pet or home while they're in my care. It covers veterinary visits etc in case an emergency occurs. I also have people working with me so I carry a Dishonesty Bond in case they decide to steal from your home and are convicted of theft. I utilize a background check system to make sure I don't have to worry about using that bond. I employ a scheduling system that allows me to schedule your visit so your animals aren't overlooked and it contains all the information I need to successfully complete my visits. I have a dependable care that I put 10k miles per year to get your homes to care for your fur babies, I can't "call in " when my car is in the shop, lives are at stake.
2. Training – I am Pet First Aid/CPR trained. I also take yearly classes to keep my training in pet care up to date. I have vet techs on staff that have more schooling and have worked in clinical settings. I belong to a Professional Pet Sitting Association that promotes education and professionalism in the industry and offers continued education opportunities for myself and my staff.
3. Experience – I have experienced injured and sick pets, recognized signs of illness before the pet parent, and observed potentially dangerous situations that were managed before they became a problem. I have diagnosed broken sprinkler systems and malfunctioning heating and air conditioning components dealt with broken water heaters and waited for countless repairman. I have driven through blizzards and fires to get to client's homes to evacuate pets and housed those pets at my own home until we were safe to return. I've driven animals to the vet for care (try having the kid down the street do that), visited animals at the vet hospital, arranged for pets to be buried, sat with clients while their pets passed over the Rainbow Bridge and sadly, even transported dead pets to the crematorium.
4. Peace of Mind – If all the reasons I listed above mean nothing to then you can stop reading right now, nothing I say is going to convince you. My clients value the peace of mind they have when they leave their fur babies, their homes and possessions in my care. They appreciate the fact that they can leave for days or even weeks at a time knowing everything that they left behind is in my responsible hands. Over the past year pet sitting companies have raised prices for their services and unless you live under a rock or are a multi-billionaire you've seen that gas costs more, insurance costs more, the systems we utilize cost more, and everything costs more when the inflation rate soars. Pet sitters are the most giving, kind, and conscientious people I know but that doesn't mean they don't eat or need a place to live or that gas or car maintenance to get to their visits every day is free. We all need to make a living and everything that goes into running a professional business takes a bite out of what we charge. For all these reasons, we are professional pet sitters and my dear friend it's why we can't watch your pets for $20/day.